Background – Casitas B-lineage lymphoma (CBL)
- An E3 ubiquitin ligase that negatively regulates a wide range of RTKs including many drivers of NSCLC
- Uncoupling CBL from its regulatory activities has oncogenic effects and its characterization in a large clinical data set is warranted.
- CBL mts occurred in ~5% of a large cohort of NSCLC, 1.4% are LOF
- CBL mts are not mutually exclusive events with oncogenic drivers, some patterns for co-occurrence
- CBL LOF mts were found in the de-novo and post-treatment settings -> Role in acquired and pre-existing genomic landscape that facilitate bypass signaling upon therapeutic insult?
- Future work includes – impact of CBL LOF on response to treatment with TKIs and further characterization of other CBL mts