Germline Genetic Testing
Caris Life Sciences® and Ambry Genetics® Partnership
Caris Life Sciences is committed to delivering the promise of personalized medicine. Our partnership with Ambry Genetics, allows the ability to order Caris Molecular Intelligence® and Ambry’s CancerNext®–Expanded test from one service provider and receive a consolidated report with both somatic and germline results.
The CancerNext®–Expanded panel is a blood-based next generation sequencing (DNA) panel that simultaneously analyzes the germline status of 67 genes associated with increased risks for brain, breast, colon, ovarian, pancreatic, prostate, renal, uterine and many other cancers. Whole blood specimens can be shipped directly to Caris using the Caris Blood Shipper Kit.
This combined somatic and germline report provides the most comprehensive, clinically relevant molecular and genetic offering on the market to guide treatment and management of cancer.
Why is Germline Genetic Testing Important?
- Option to modify frequency and initial age of mammogram/breast MRI, colonoscopy, prostate cancer screening, or other screening as appropriate
- Consideration of prophylactic mastectomy, colectomy, or other risk-reducing measures, as appropriate
- Option to tailor chemotherapy strategies and/or determine eligibility for clinical trials
- Identify at-risk family members
Value of Partnership
- Partnership will allow the ability to order Caris Molecular Intelligence and Ambry Genetics’ CancerNext®-Expanded from one service provider and receive a consolidated report with both somatic and germline results
- Consolidated germline and somatic results provides comprehensive information to better guide patient care
- Whole blood specimens can be shipped directly to Caris using the Caris Blood Shipper Kit which includes the germline genetic testing requisition
Technical Specifications for CancerNext®-Expanded
- Sample Requirements: Two (2) 10mL tubes of blood (use Caris Blood Shipper Kit only)
- Sensitivity: >99%
- Specificity: >99%
- Average Depth of Coverage: (DNA) 500x to over 1,000x
- Genes Included:
AIP, ALK, APC, ATM, BAP1, BARD1, BLM, BRCA1, BRCA2, BRIP1, BMPR1A, CDH1, CDK4, CDKN1B,
CDKN2A, CHEK2, DICER1, EPCAM, FANCC, FH, FLCN, GALNT12, GREM1, HOXB13, MAX,
MEN1, MET, MITF, MLH1, MRE11A, MSH2, MSH6, MUTYH, NBN, NF1, NF2, PALB2, PHOX2B,
POT1, PMS2, POLD1, POLE, PRKAR1A, PTCH1, PTEN, RAD50, RAD51C, RAD51D, RB1, RET,
SDHA, SDHAF2, SDHB, SDHC, SDHD, SMAD4, SMARCA4, SMARCB1, SMARCE1, STK11, SUFU,
TMEM127, TP53, TSC1, TSC2, VHL, XRCC2
For more information visit Ambry Genetics