Not only does Carisome® Technology have tremendous potential across a broad array of clinical testing opportunities in the diagnosis, prognosis and therapeutic response (predictive) of various types of cancer, but the technology also has significant utility in investigational drug trials within the biopharmaceutical industry.
Areas of diagnostic potential include:
- Early Diagnostic Testing:
- Complex diseases lead to the production of cMVs that carry a robust biosignature useful in the early detection of various types of cancer.
- Tumor Profiling:
- cMVs are packed with other cargo from their cell of origin, including proteins, messenger RNA and micro RNA. The cMVs cargo can contain similar information as that which would be obtained from a direct tissue biopsy. This effectively generates a "liquid biopsy" meaning patients may be able to avoid painful or difficult surgical biopsies, while still allowing physicians to collect important molecular profiling information from diseased cells. 4,5
- Prognosis and Monitoring:
- Molecular signatures carried by disease-associated cMVs may be indicative of response versus non-response to therapy.5
Carisome® Microvesicle Technology
“WE INTEND TO HELP RELIEVE THE SUFFERING OF AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE”
David D. Halbert Chairman & CEO